When Kory has some free time to himself he likes to watch this wierd cartoon on the internet. He laughs so hard till he cries. It's called Homestar runner. (www.homestarrunner.com -check it out and see what I mean) I admit I have laughed a few times when I watch it, but only because it is so rediculous and wierd. I usually end up laughing harder at him when we watch it. So here is a picture of my husband enjoying his CARTOONS! (so young at heart)
But when Kory and I get some extra free time together we like to go to concerts! Especially when they are FREE!!! Kory and I saw REO Speedwagon perform for free!! Before I met Kory I was not a big fan of the classic Rock music but ever since we started dating I had the "opportunity" to listen to all sorts of rock music EVERYTIME I was with Kory (he's a HUGE fan) At first I thought it was kind of wierd and I didn't really like it but the rhythm was so good. So I started jogging and working out to the music, then I started memorizing the words, and then one day I found myself searching the radio station (by myself) for a classic rock station! And then I realized... I am a fan!
The concert was so much fun! One of the songs they sang was the song we danced to at our wedding reception. That's why we were so excited to go!
HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!
Kory, Wes, and I watched the fireworks in the middle of the road!! there were cars coming at us both ways! It was way too crowded on each side of the road so we thought we'd be smart and sit somewhere where no one
Earlier that day we had a big company BBQ at the pool! Some of the guys had a belly flopping contest. The winner got 50 dollars! It was so funny to watch and hear them smack on the water. It sounded really painful.. and looked really painful. their bodies were bright red from hitting the water so hard. Here is a video of the winner of the belly flops.... He not only did bellyflops, but he did back bellyflops as well.
6 comments:
I'm so jealous you got bellyflop footage! I was to slow. The food was awesome, so thanks to all those OAs who prepared it! :)
even though i feel like a loser commenting RIGHT after you posted and i am sitting RIGHT next to you here you go...
1. i do not get homestar runner, but i have witnessed kory crying in the office over it.
2. i love the one song of REO speedwagon that i have actually heard and i am jealous of your free concertness!! i JUST told you this, but you are the most photogenic person i know.
3. that was a pretty original fireworks spot. did you know emergency vehicles can hop the medians?? if there had been a firework emergency you could have been toast! but that looks pretty awesome and comfy!
4. thank you for demonstrating the splits for us.
Kristi that was great footage of the belly flop.
It looks like you guys are having a blast this summer. I am glad you got to have an awesome experience like this you will look back at that and think wow that was cool. Keep making fun memories. You are the best.
Kristi! You're blog's so cute, I'm glad I finally found my way over to it! It's great to know the other wives are as productive as I am this summer... Yes, I sit in my apartment and blog all day. I admit it!
SO fun!!! I can't believe i missed out on possibly the funnest office party...that video clip was awesome! Who was that? And what a fun concert...those pics of you two is super super cute!
love, Rebekah
p.s thanks for helping me look for my husband!
Must be a cousin thing that homestar runner. My boys think it is hilarious too.........
Post a Comment