Thursday, September 17, 2009

Birthday and Life

Kory turned 25 years old on Wednesday (sept 16th!) Boy is he getting old!

I wanted his birthday to be a really fun day but really cheap and not too ordinary. He always goes all out on my birthday every year and I wanted to make his as great as mine always are!. This is how we spent his big day:




I made up a scavenger hunt and wrote it in a poem with clues on where and what'd we'd be doing all night.
the first clue led us to the batting cages....



The second clue led us to 1st dam, in Logan Canyon where we floated on a canoe and ate dinner on it that I packed for us.



The third clue led us to the fun park, where we played arcade games for a while and bought each other prizes with our tickets that we won.



The 4th clue led us to cake and Ice cream and presents. (I know... I didn't make the basketball lines right but they ARE basketballs)


The 5th clue led us to a movie that we watched at home. I didn't make it past the first 20 minutes of the movie since I'm such a sleepy head these days. (I blame it on the pregnancy but its really just a normal thing I do during movies at night... even in the theaters).






Other than birthdays, our lives are basically back to normal after the busy summer and all the family get togethers.


Kory:
Kory is back in school and just got a job this week with building fences. He will be working there pretty much until Winter freezes over Cache Valley. We both got callings to be the Ward Altheletic Directors. This is an exciting calling for us because it will be a lot of fun going to the games and playing sports while getting to know the people in our ward.


Ward Camp out:
Trying to catch a Salmon with his hands... Instead he ended up losing his grip and practically falling in! SO FUNNY!! while it was happening, I couldn't decide whether to hurry and grab my camera to film it or help him up. I ended up crunched over laughing my head off on the rock completely helpless. It was a good time!

Kory has been in Heaven the last few weeks and will be for quite some time because Football Season is finally here and in full throttle. Just take a look for yourself...




....He's SO happy!



Kristi:



I have 9 more weeks of School left at New Horizons Beauty College and 9 1/2 more weeks till Baby Hailee comes! Lets just hope and pray that graduation comes before the baby!
I am also taking my State Boards Exam this Monday to get my Cosmetology license. Lets also pray I pass that too! :)



Here's an update on my belly since I said I'd post one but never did.


30 1/2 weeks:
I really didn't start showing till about the beginning of last month and now I feel like I'm growing so quickly all of a sudden so it has been quite an adjustment! Its been such a smooth pregnancy ever since week 14 (after the morning sickness left) but now days I find myself saying these words all too often: "Man, I feel like such a pregnant women today" That's right... I finally know what it feels like to be uncomfortably pregnant. I always wondered why pregnant women leaned so far back in their chairs with their legs so far forward, but now I know how hard it is to sit normal or hunched over even slightly. The baby knows just where my ribs are and loves to wedge her little feet right underneath them. It does not tickle!!!
But I do have to say... as uncomfortable it may be, it sure is fun to watch my belly wiggle and move all over the place and know that's our active little girl inside. We really can not wait for her to come... AFTER I graduate! :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Kory! If I were 25 I'd be feeling super old too! I'll let you know if it feels old when I turn 25.

Kristi, you are beautiful! Your little belly is sooooo cute! You make pregnancy look good unlike some of us.......bleck!

Jaime said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever. In the history of pregnant people. And what a lucky little girl to be born to you guys!

Cade and Kelsie said...

You're too cute. Love checking your blog and seeing what you have to say.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the upcoming graduation and good luck on the exam. I love the name you picked...Hailee! You will absolutely love being parents!

Heidi Madsen said...

Kristi, I would LOVE to come to your shower! Please invite me! My email address is heidianne820@hotmail.com

You are looking so good! I love the name you picked, it is darling!

Anonymous said...

ya, I didn't start showing til....I was like 3 weeks pregnant! lol I feel huge this time around. You look so tiny! Congrats on almost being done with beauty school! That's so cool! And ya, lets hope your baby girl doesn't surprise you early! You look great! I'm excited for your shower!!