Monday, May 17, 2010

Update: MOVING, TRIATHLON, and GRADUATION

Its been a few weeks since I've blogged and life has been a little busy for us. Kory,Hailee, and I moved from Logan to Hooper for the summer. Kory got a really great internship down in Roy (near Hooper) and Kory's parents offered to let us live with them for the summer since their home in Hooper is so close to where Kory will be working everyday. So we decided it would be really great to save on gas and be closer to his work and also save on rent. I am so excited to be minutes away from Kory everyday and be so close to family this summer. The past 2 summers we have been out of state. One summer in Virginia Beach and the other in Indiana. Both were so far away and we missed out on so many fun family activities. Last Summer I told Kory "All I want to do next summer is stay in Utah and be with family all summer long." Little did I know we'd be LIVING with them. HAHA! It is so great!
I'm so glad to be in Utah, I'm so glad to be near family, I'm so glad to be saving money on rent and gas, I'm so glad its finally summer, and I'm so glad I'm not pregnant this summer!! (just had to throw that one in).
I Love Summer.





TRIATHLON
A few weeks ago, my sister Corie and I participated in a sprint Triathlon. We did the entire race together. It was so much fun. The race went like this: 500 yard swim, 8 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run.
This was Corie's first race ever, and my first race after having a baby so we weren't very fast. But we loved every minute of it.. other than the weather!

My sissy poo and I in action...
It started snowing on us during the bike. we were soaking wet and riding in the wind and snow. we felt like champs once we got through it.


Kory and his parents came up to cheer us on and watch Hailee and Jesseppi.


We were so glad to be done!

6 comments:

Mike and Corie said...

YAY! I am happy that you got through the move, YUCK, that was a lot of fun doing the triathlon with you, I really had a ton of fun!
Congrats Kory on Graduating, that is such a huge step and accomplishment, You're awesome!
I am so happy you guys are in Utah this summer too, lets make the most of it!

Rachel said...

Are you SURE you want to be living with your inlaws???? ;)

Good job on your tri! You rock girl!

Sarah said...

Great job! That is so awesome. I admire you for doing that

Heidi Madsen said...

Oh my heck, you are AMAZING!!!

Olivia Heilmann said...

That looks like a lot of fun and a lot of hard work. I wish I was closer to my sisters so we could do fun things like that together! :)

Emily and Ryan said...

I'm glad I found your blog! Now we can stay in touch. Hailee is so cute! She is still just so tiny, I love it. Yay for Kory! Tell him congrats for us.