A few months ago she started figuring out how to get around the room by herself.
I guess you can call it "scooting." In her own unique kind of way.
She can get anywhere she wants...
She'd get a little frustrated when she'd run into things because she just couldn't see where she was going. Here is why: She scoots only her BACK!.
Its quite a sight to see
But... she found a solution. She just cranks that head even further back and now she's happy.
Who needs crawling when you can see exactly where you are going and can get where ever you want this way. Now she thinks it is so fun balancing this way. (the only thing touching the ground is her heels and head). She arches her back up about 6 inches high and holds this pose for a long time. It's absolutely amazing. Try it- I dare ya! (I tried and I can't do it. haha). Maybe she'll be a gymnist someday.
So I try and put her on her belly and teach her the front crawl and she just gets mad.
And turns over and goes right back to this....
She is clever. It is so funny to see the things she comes up with. I wish I could go inside her brain for a few minutes just to hear what she is thinking.
I bet you can imagine how bald she is in the back of her head from doing this all day long. And, I bet you can imagine how bummed I am that I can't use my hair skills on her. I'm dying to do little ponytails and stuff but I'll just have to be a little more patient.
5 comments:
I had a few that when they crawled they would put their heads down and push the top of their head along. You're right. It doesn't help the hair at all.
What a cutie! She is unique. I've never seen a baby do that before. Funny girl.
That is too funny! Babies sure are creative.
she is so strong, that is so hard to do! haha. I Love it!
That is so cute and hilarious! I used to do the exact same thing. I have a few baby pictures of me doing this. How fun!!
o my goodness. I haven't checked your blog in a long time and I feel like I have really been missing stuff. What funny little girl. I just loved the video. Jake and I laughed. We thought it was so cute. I miss you all.
Post a Comment