BEAR LAKE
Just about every year since I was really young, my mom's side of the family has a family reunion at Bear Lake. Of course some years just didn't happen, and some years only few can come. But in the last 4 years, Kory and I have not been able to make it up since we've been doing APX Security systems across the Country every summer. This Summer, since we're in Utah, we FINALLY made it up to Bear Lake with most of my family and my mom's 2 sisters and their kids. (sorry for all you outside of Utah that couldn't come- we missed you).
In the morning, when everyone else was asleep, Hailee and Seppi were WIDE AWAKE. Corie (sister) and I met on the beach and relaxed and talked while the babies just played in this fun little tent together. It was perfect!
We had so much fun boating, playing games on the beach, water fights (which luckily I did not have to participate in since I made sure I was holding Hailee every time), watching all the kids make sand castles and bury themselves in the sand,
Famous raspberry shakes (and carving our name in the tables), 4th of july celebration hats, bundling up our babies and then snuggling with them by the fire till they fell asleep.
Sleeping in tents, talking around the campfire, eating the most amazing camping meals, peach cobbler and smores, candy, etc.
I took so many pictures and still feel like I didn't take enough. This was Hailee's first camping trip and she was a champ. I woke up one morning and her little hands were icicles, but it didn't even seem to bother her at all. She slept like a rock. However, it bothered me so I slipped her in my sleeping bag and snuggled with her till she was warm again.
Between the 3 families, we had 6 babies there that were all born within 1 year. We had Bumbos, bouncers, play pins, baby tents, and tons of people who wanted to hold them all the time. It was so great to be with family having such a relaxing week on the beach. It was a blast. I already can't wait for the next family camping trip in August!



2 comments:
You know, I've never been to Bear Lake! I've heard tons about it and how it is so much fun. Brennan and Trevor are there this week/end.
I love camping! Fun photos!
I LOVE IT!!! That was a fun trip, I'll have to send you the pictures I took too! especially the ones when the bird pooped on your head! AH, fond memories! haha. I'm excited for the next family camping trip with you!!! I'll bring the tent again and we'll see if we can fit the other babies in too! haha.
Post a Comment