Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hailee-Baby's 1st Birthday!

Wow. Time sure flies by with a baby. I'm sure everybody says this when they have a baby, but it is just amazing how fast Hailee's first year has flown by.
 The things I remember most about the day Hailee was born...

I remember being at school all day with pains every 5 minutes and totally denying that I was having my baby that day. I came home from school, and went shopping- still in so much pain, I'd stop every few minutes and lean over in pain and then get up and continue my shopping. I got home and saw that kory had just put up the crib and I didn't like where it was so I pushed my body against the crib to move it where I wanted- taking breaks in between contractions. Then I decided I should take a warm bath to see if the pain would stop.... They got worse. I remeber dropping my phone in the bath tub as I got out and ruined my phone. I couldn't call anyone. Kory got home and told him about my day and he said "lets go to the hospital" and I still said "no, Hailee isn't due for 2 weeks. If I go in the hospital, they will reject me." so we waited a few more hours until I couldn't not wait any longer. We sped to the hospital (because Kory thought it'd be the only time a cop couldn't ticket you. He thought it'd be funny to get pulled over and say "My wife is in Labor, we gotta go." but nothing happened.

I remember getting to the hospital and being so afraid of delivering a baby and spending hours and hours in a painful labor waiting for her to come, but then finding myself laughing during the delivery because the nurse told me it was time 2 hours after we got ther, and I did NOT believe her.

I remember the first time I saw Hailee. Kory and I just looked at each other in amazement that there REALLY was a baby in me. And she was here. And she was ours :) Then watching the nurses take her away to do some lung tests "just in case" and I was so worried about her even though I had seen her for only a few seconds. It is amazing how much a baby can bring so much love in a matter of seconds. Kory and I felt so blessed and so happy- But still in shock that she was already here.   
I remember finally getting to hold her for the first time after a few hours of tests and being afraid I'd give her my germs (sillly I know). I wanted to pause that moment forever... but then it was Kory's turn to hold her.
I remember her dark hair (which was such a surprise), her long, dark eyelashes, and her tiny little nose that was smaller than the tip of my thumb. She was so quiet and cuddly, and sweet, and helpless. She would sleep in my arms all day if I wanted her to. She'd lay so still in her little bouncer chair while I'd clean, do crafts, exercise, eat, etc.

                                         But now.....


She's a BIG 1 Year Old!!!
She's as busy as can be. She wants to do everything by herself. She doesn't want to cuddle or have anything to do with sleeping in my arms. She wants to help me with everything- by getting into everything. She likes to scream and run in church instead of stay in my arms. She wants to be by my side everywhere I go and will follow me to do just that. (Yes- that includes the bathroom). 

She is such a funny little girl. Everyday is so much brighter and more exciting with Hailee. We never have a dull moment with her around. She makes us laugh with her singing and dancing and copying everything we do. Her funny noises, her flirtatious and friendly personalitly, and her busy little body that is always on the move.

She is such a joy and huge blessing in our lives.  


For Hailee's birthday, her and I had a dual birthday party since our birthdays are just 2 days apart. (but it was really HER birthday party that I wanted... I just tagged along :)
We didn't go all out because our week/weekend was so busy that we didn't really know where or when or if a party would even happen, so we just made it simple and fun.



Hailee didn't love opening presents.. or she didn't get it, but she sure loved what was inside.
Kory got her this big bear. She tries to walk around with it in her arms. she tumbles over every other step, but she keeps trying.

Her Grandma got her this cute tutu. It was so funny to watch her walk around in it. And of course she has something in her mouth.. as always.
We love our Hailee- baby and we can't wait to share many more birthdays with her!

6 comments:

Heidi Madsen said...

WHAT!?! A year?.... I really am a looser. Happy Birthday sweet girl (and mom too). She is so darling! I love your family pictures, beautiful!

Cash Family said...

Happy Birthday Hailee! Isn't it funny how you kind of relive that day and how all the emotions and feelings come flooding back? Wow. It's crazy how fast a year goes by!
P.S. Loved your cute family pics.

Cade and Kelsie said...

Happy Birthday Hailee! Can't believe she's already 1! she's a cutie!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Hailee!!! It is so hard to believe that she is one! The little stink pot!

Zack said...

Our babies are getting big WAY too fast! She is so dang cute! Your fall pictures turned out way good too! I procrastinated too long to do ours... oops.

Olivia Heilmann said...

That was so sweet and precious. I love it. The video was PRICELESS! Thanks for sharing. :)