On New Years Eve, Kory was acting very suspicious- Like he was hiding something from me. Every time his phone rang, he'd run in the closet and close the door and whisper so I couldn't hear him. Of course, I bugged him and bugged him about telling me what that was all about until he finally told me I will find out soon and that it is just a nice little surprise. So I gave it up and ran some errands, only to come back and find that Kory's duffle bag was chuck full of shorts, t-shirts, sandals, etc. We were planning on spending one night at his parents house for new years but not a whole week!!! And we were definitely not going anywhere even slightly warm. So I decided I just couldn't take it anymore and I had to know details about this surprise. So i went up to Kory and said "Okay.. Just tell me how long I need to pack for and what to pack, that is all I need to know." He finally gave in and said "ok, go in the room and grap the packet that is sitting underneath the mattress in our room." (I was pretty impressed by his hiding place since I would NEVER think to look there). I pulled out the packet and inside was 2 flight tickets to Los Angelos, CA and 2 tickets to go on a CRUISE, along with our Passports!!! We were leaving in 2 days!
I was SOOOO excited! But I instatly said "Kory, we cannot afford this, are you crazy?" He then explained to me that it has already been paid for a long time ago and that he had been planning this for a whole year and saved every penny he got on the side for anything all year long. I had no idea!!! Then I got really excited again and could not believe we were leaving in 2 days! And then he said "But Hailee is going to stay with my parents." and then..... I cried!
I couldn't imagine leaving my baby for 8 days.
But she had a great time with her Grandparents and we made it 8 days without her, missing her like crazy but we had an AMAZING time.
It was great to have the mobility while on vacation and be able to focus on our relationship and be together just the 2 of us for a while. Kory's brother Wes, also surprised his wife, Jenna and we all went together on the cruise.
Sunday morning we flew to Los Angelos, and visited our friends who moved from Logan to California. They took us to a great BBQ restarant for lunch and made us a really good dinner. We played Mario cart and card games all night together. We had a great time visiting and meeting their adorable, TINY baby, Isabelle.

Me, Kimberly, Isabelle, and Jake Lott
The next day, The Cruise began.......
There was so much to do on the ship. Swimming pools, Water slides, Hot tubs, Miniature golf, Basketball, Comedy Shows, Dance/singing Shows, Room Service at any time of the day, Fancy dinners, FOOD, FOOD, and more FOOD. It was a little scary looking over the edge and seeing nothing around you but dark water, but after a while I became fascinated by it. it was incredible to see all that water and see whales and fish.

We went Snorkeling in the Santa Maria Bay and Chilian Bay (spelling??)
It was SO COOL! The 2nd bay we went was when we saw 3 whales! We followed them for about 15-20 minutes. One was a baby whale and we got pretty close to them. Unfortunately, we didn't get pictures. We were too excited to see them that we didn't want to look away to get our camera.
We went to Cabo, Mexico and spent most of the day on the Beach and shopping.
Then we went to Ensenda, Mexico.
We took a tour to the "Blow Hole" and saw many things along the way.
The "Blow Hole" (where the ocean water comes shooting out against the rocks).
We took so many pictures, but I feel like this is already too much so I'll stop here.
We had an incredible time. It was the best vacation! I highly recommend going on a cruise for a vacation. WOW! I loved it. And I LOVE my husband for surprising me and taking me on this vacation. He is quite the man!!! :) I won't get mushy on blog.... But he rocks!!!








11 comments:
awesome! So glad for you two! Love the photos!
Oh Kristi!!! This is just so melty sweet and mushy.
HOW STINKIN' FUN! How you managed to have a blast without Auntie Madussa is beyond me but I'm sure you gave it a good effort. :D
What a sweet hubby you have! That looks like it was so much fun. I'm so happy for you two.
Im glad you guys had a great time and that the weather was good too :)
First of all I would like to say you stink. It's way not fair you got to go on a cruise and not me. Second, I'm glad you had fun and you guys are so cute.
I am so jealous! Your pictures sealed that deal for me... BOO.
haha.
It looks like you had THE BEST time. I'm so glad, that really is a rock star surprise.
That is incredible! How exciting. I loved the pictures. You look fabulously happy. :)
So much fun! That is so impressive that he saved for a whole year. I think that is so sweet. I bet it was hard leaving the baby, but so worth it.
Oh man how I wish i were you! I need a vacation sooooo bad its not even funny! I love you and we miss you guys soooo much!
wow! that is the most FUN surprise ever! good job Kory! cruising is the best, and your pictures are all darling! I bet you were in heaven when you got to go snorkleing:) SO FUN!
love, Rebekah
Love all the pics. I am really excited to go on mine now. It looks like you two had a total blast.
Post a Comment