Summer's in Logan are AMAZING. I love when it is finally warm/hot in Logan because I rarely get to enjoy the summers here. I have lived here in Logan or 6 years now, but every summer (except 2) I have moved away during the summers doing APX Alarm jobs, working at a girls camp, and living with family. So the last summer we spent up here was 4 years ago when Kory and I were first married. It has been a long time since we've been here for the summer.
This Summer, Kory started a very heavy load of schooling in order or him to get into the masters program by this fall. It was a 10 week program where they crammed 7 or 8 different classes in that time. Each class was 2 weeks long and some overlapped where he had classes all day for a few weeks at a time. On top of that, he has still been trying to provide for our family by working 30-35 hours a week (minus about 3 weeks of that time). Needless to say- he's been one tired and overwhelmed person this summer. I don't understand how he can sit through class all morning, work through the day in the hot heat Landscaping, study his brains out afterwards for hours, and still have the energy to chase Hailee, spend time with me, and still make it to all of his softball and some basketball games. He is AMAZING. Well guess what? He is FINISHED with all of his classes TODAY!!! I never thought this day would come!! We get 4 more weeks of fun and then we BOTH are going back to school (BLAH). But don't worry.- We are both only going part-time, so he can work and I can be home with Hailee. Kory got accepted into the Part-time Master's program at Utah State. He only has school 2 nights/week for 22 months. He originally wanted to do the 1 year masters program but things didn't work out that way and we are actually so glad because he will be able to work a full time job and be with his family more often. what's 1 more year of school going to hurt? :)
Anyway, Since this summer has been extremely busy for Kory, I thought I'd share pictures of the fun things he was able to enjoy with his family.
Feeding the ducks (and Hailee) at first Dam.
Swimming. (this was the first of the summer... She HATED the water so she clung to Kory. So Funny. But now she is finally beginning to like it
Just relaxing in the sun...
Kory's Hard working tan lines and dirt lines.
Cache Valley Cruisin' parade of old, but fancy cars.
Swimming at the Logan Pool
And Playing with Daddy's cleits.(Walking in big shoes is her favorite thing to do).
I can't wait for a full month of August to enjoy with my hubby!!! We are going to make up for some serious lost time with him!! :)


3 comments:
HOLY COW!!!!! Kory has been way busy and this just took me back to last summer. I'm glad you are through it and on to the program now! I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your summer! I hope to see you soon (3 weeks - ish!)
Kris, you are a CHAMP!!! Good luck with school this fall, you'll do great! That babe of yours is getting so big, what a darling little girl! Miss you!
YAY Kory, YOU DID IT!!
Post a Comment