Sunday, July 22, 2012

Never a dull moment

There is never a dull moment with Hailee. Over the past 2 months, Hailee has really taken interest in what I do and how I do things. She has become the mommy of the house. She's quite a bossy little thing and likes to be in control of every situtaion and be the center of attention.
Lately when strangers walk by in and say Hi to her she'll say "mommy tell her Hi?" becuase I am always telling her "can you say hi back to them?" or when they tell her she is cute, she'll say "mommy, say thank you."
She also randomly tells me "mommy, thank you for being so nice!" and then i'll say "thank you" and she immediately says "oh, your welcome!" it the most sincere sweet voice.
When she see's a bruise, a hang nail, or any sort of sore on us she says "ohhhh HONEY" and acts so concerned. It always follows with a kiss to make it all better. She has become a very sweet little mommy to her baby sister. Anything we say to Natalie, I will hear Hailee say it to her the next day. It is so funny to watch her act like the parent and hear and see how we rub off on her. She is so good at helping me see what embarrasing things I do. Its not a very fun reality check for me!

Well.. here is our little mommy in training!....  (FYI, none of these pictures were set up. Anytime it gets quiet in the house I quickly grab my camera because I've learned that 9 times out of 10, I will find something quite shocking)


many times I find her trying to change Natalie's diaper

 
And always snuggles right up to her.


Making up stories and showing her pictures to her books.

Giving her babies baths.

Not only does she try to be a mommy, she's also trying to be a baby also....

Whenever she sees me swaddling Natalie, she insists on being swaddled as well. And the binki... She's obsessed with binkis!!
And last but not least... She always wants bottles but we never let her have them, so she was so excited to a bottle in the fridge. I found her hiding in the fridge drinking my breastmilk . I laughed so hard, and pulled it away. She screamed and said "but mommy, I LIKE IT!!!"


 
She's so curious and sneaky.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

She cracks me up with her using your pump!!!

Kelsey said...

Haha I love the pump and nursing pads! Molly tries to nurse her babies now too, so funny! Your girls are darling!

anna said...

oh my gosh, these pictures are priceless!!!! i love that she was drinking the breast milk, hahaha! what a cutie!

Sara said...

I seriously laughed so hard at the pump and nursing pads! It's amazing how quickly they pick up on things! I love that she's so sneaky and copies everything you do. I hope Shasta gets that way!

Joe'n'Jess said...

oh man, she really keeps you on your toes! i literally laughed out loud when i saw those breast pads on her chest. what a clever little firecracker she is, and perfectly adorable with those tiny curls.