We had a full week of fun for the 4th of July
The first weekend we went down to Salt lake, went to an Oakcrest reunion, baby shower, baby blessing, movies, shopping, and spent an evening with my family at Taylorsville Days.
SCARY STORY: These pictures are at the Taylorsville fireworks. There were thousands of people sitting out on the field. they had a band playing and many other things to keep the crowd entertained.
Well... an airplane went by (as part of the show) and about 5 people jumped out and parachuted (word?) down. The crowd watched as each person let out their parachute. One person's parachute was twisted and was somersaulting over and over while trying to get it untwisted. (he was okay), but while we all had our eyes fixed on this person in the sky, Hailee decided to wander off all by herself. After a few minutes of watching and wondering what the guy in the sky was going to do- I remembered I have a wild 2 year old.. so I looked over to check on her and --- she was GONE! It was just dark enough that we couldn't see very well, but not dark enough to see her glow necklaces, anklets, and bracelets on her body (we were TRYING to be prepared for something like this). My family split in different directions and searched all over for Hailee. a few moments passed by and my mom decided it was long enough to get the people involved and announce it to the entire crowd of people. Just seconds before they announced it, a lady was walking my direction holding Hailee's hand. I ran over to take her and thank the lady as she explained that she had found Hailee clear accross the field wandering. She assumed that she was lost since everyone was fixed on the people in the sky. What an INSPIRED woman! All she knew to do was walk Hailee back from the direction she was found her wandering from. We were so grateful! Everytime I lose Hailee (it happens more often than I wish to admit), I always have a million things run through my mind- including the thought "what if that was the last time I saw her" and many more thoughts I hope to never witness. It was quite a scare for us....
So... for the rest of the night Hailee was strapped to the stroller or in our arms.
The fireworks were SO good and Hailee absolutely loved them and snuggled with Kory the entire time (after she had forgiven us for strapping her down for so long)
I love had to post this picture of Hailee and Kory making faces because I was trying to capture such a sweet moment of Kory and Hailee cuddling and all they could give me was goofy faces for the picture! so here's payback! :)
For the 4th of july, Kory and I went on a date and dropped the kids off with his parents. We went to Spiderman and dinner at our favorite- Iggies. The next morning we went to a parade in Hooper and had a barbecue with his family and played a few outside games. That night we just rented a movie since we had already seen fireworks-- and we were too tired to chase Hailee all around a field, and we lost her one too many times that week. I forgot to take pictures of my cute girls in their red, white, and blue. I was so sad!
That weekend we went to Bear Lake for a small family reunion on my side. Kory had school friday night and saturday morning so we came up for the saturday and spent the night. It was so enjoyable. We DIDN'T lose Hailee once, she actually enjoyed the water (she normally hates any form of water other than baths), she went on the boat, and even went with me on the tube behind the boat! and she loved it!
Both Natalie and Hailee slept awesome through the night (we were more worried about Hailee sleeping through the night than Natalie. haha). It made the entire camping trip SO pleasant! It was our first time camping this summer and Natalie's first time camping EVER. And I'm sad I didn't take any pictures of her- she literally slept through the entire trip.
2 comments:
That was seriously scary.
Man, Bear Lake looked like a blast.. I'm kinda regreting not going, but I guess I've got to live with that. Good girl Hailee!! She looked like she really enjoyed herself.
I hate THAT!!! We lost Levi once as the crowd was leaving the 4th of July parade here in Provo. I thought I was going to lose it!
Glad everything turned out okay. I'm one of those horrid mothers that put leashes on my kids. For my peace of mind.....
Being a parent isn't for the feint of heart I tell ya!! :D
Post a Comment