first things first... I did some DEEP cleaning of the apartment (which wasn't fun, but very much needed). I have been able to lay by the pool and read.... and swim laps (thanks to the Triathlon we just found out we are doing in 2 weeks... AHHH). I watched movies and went to Batman (again) in the I-max theater with Kory. I finally finished the 3rd book (Eclipse) of the twilight series. I got to go shopping with my husband. Kory is beginning to be a pretty fun shopping buddy! he doesn't really enjoy it when i make him come in the woman's department, but he has become so patient! sometimes he'll wonder off in the middle of the mall and find a tv, but most of the time he sits in the chair while i'm trying things on and gives me his opinion. He's actually really handy when i need a different size of something!! :) This time it was great because we ended up buying him a lot of things that he wanted/needed.
The most exciting things I've been able to do this week are these pictures...
Monday morning, Kory had a bunch of service tickets to do in Newport news, So i went with him and waited in the car while he did those. It was really hot and boring but after that we went to the Newport News park and went on a canoe ride!
This last weekend was the BEST! Friday, late afternoon, Kory and I drove to Williamsburg and walked around and bought some treats from the candy shop! Everything you could possibly imagine was dipped in chocolate there. Kory got a chocolate covered twinkie and i got a chocolate covered marshmallow on a stick (wierd- but so yummy)!!
After that we drove up to Richmond and went to another Concert!! this time it was BOSTON (one of Kory's Favorite bands) we had a lot of fun rocking out to 80's music with all the fans!
After that, we went out to dinner and slept in a cheap motel. Not the best of places, but we didn't care because we were tired and didn't want to spend a ton of money on a place to sleep.
The next morning, we woke up and drove to the DC temple! it was closed for cleaning so we just walked around and took pictures and talked with the missionaries in the visitors center and saw some great stuff there.
After that we drove to the main stuff in DC. We saw so many great historical things there! I loved it all!! We were SO exhausted afterwards. We drove straight home and went to bed.
The next day we woke up and went to church and got to teach the Sunbeams in primary for the 3rd week in a row!! we loved teaching, singing, and playing with those little kids. We were SO sad to leave them today because it was our last sunday here in Virginia. This next week will be our last
6 comments:
Hello, you have a wonderful blog.
How fun! It's so great you guys are taking advantage of all the great things in this area! It was so fun to get to know you this summer. We'll have to keep in touch!
WOW! You are having so much fun...i know that we haven't spent too much time together, but im seriously gonna miss you...you were such a good friend this summer, and so easy to be with...not to mention beautiful, and I LOVE having pretty friends! Anyways, I really hope we can meet up sometime in Utah! Love, Rebekah
Hey! This is Kory's cousin, Megan. We spent the summer in DC! I wished we would have known we were so close to each other. We could have hung out! Don't you just love the east!?
Glad you had fun.
Megan and JD
Kristi! I found your blog through Rachelle's. I've found a lot of people lately. You guys seem like you're having a great summer. Check out our blog!
Hey! This is your cousing Emily(Ogden)Chacon! Did you know that I live in Richmond!??! I have been here for almost 6 years! I wish I knew you were there, you could have come up to our house! :( Too bad you are not going to be here anymore! :( Well Maybe I will see you another time! Glad you like it here, so do we! :)
Post a Comment