Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The last few months.

Wow- it's been a while since I last blogged!!!
Kory and I made the long drive home from Virginia and are FINALLY settled down in Logan. It took us a while getting all of our belongings back together in one apartment. When Kory and I moved to Virginia at the beginning of the summer we moved out of our apartment and stored half our stuff at Kory's friends house, while the rest of the stuff went home to Kory's parents house or with us to Virginia. We had stuff ALL OVER the place!!! Then we moved back home from Virginia... This time we not only had to get all of the stuff from kory's parent and and friends house... buy we ALSO had a few friends bring some of the stuff we couldn't bring back from Virginia in their car. CRAZY- I know! But... We've finally got it back and we are all settled down in ONE apartment.
The week we got back to Utah was full of visiting with family, moving in, and then driving up to Montana for the weekend. Kory has relatives that live in Montana and they had a Triathlon planned that week that they had been training for all summer. Well... since we were gonna make it home in time to go to Montana, they asked us if we'd like to participate in the triathlon. (this was just 2 weeks before the event). We decided we were up for a challenge so we agreed so we drove up there and did the triathlon with 11 other family members. I was really nervous for this race since I didn't feel completely prepared for it. But... it was GREAT! We had a blast!! The coolest thing about it was that our family got to race in the same heat. I have never ran in any kind of race before so I felt pretty official getting my number written on my leg, arm and shirt. The race was hard, but very fun! First we ran 750 meters in the pool, 13 miles on the bike, and 3.1 miles for the run. The hardest part of the race was transitioning from the long bike ride to getting off and running. by the time I reached that point I was like "there is no way! I can't even feel my legs!" but we made it to the end! Here are a few pictures of our race....



























Well, now that we are all settled down in Logan- we both have been thrown back into the real life again... No more laying by the pool everyday and working my lazy job. (it was just too good of a summer). Now we get to deal with school, homework, and bills...(and football on tv ALL the time)! Kory and I just bought a new SUV (since we left my little silver car in Virginia because it died on us). We sure like the new one though! it's a Nissan Xterra. Kory just told me today that it is #3 on his list of favorites (#1 and 2 are me and his family). Can you believe he chose it over our watching football on our TV? haha He has been in heaven lately since we just bought comcast tv... which means FOOTBALL is on almost every channel! what a GUY! :)

Anyway, Other than all that- Kory is going to school for his 3rd year! He got excepted into the Landscape Architecture program this summer so he is very excited about that. He has a great schedule this semester that works well with mine. So we are able to be together almost every evening.
I just started Cosmetology school 5 weeks ago! it has been my dream to go to hair school one day. I didn't think it'd happen this year, but it couldn't be better timing for me! It has been a lot of fun!


KORY IS 24!!!
Kory just had a birthday!for his birthday I decorated the apartment with birthday decorations and then took him to a nice restaurant in Logan. and then he opened presents. I got him the last few things he needed for his skiing equipment. He finally has his own nice ski equipment.. now all he needs is a season pass (it is such an expensive hobby). That weekend we went to his parents house for a little birthday party. We rode his horses around for a while and then the boys got a bunch of other guys to play a few games of basketball while his mom and I were the cheerleaders. It was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

The Santini Stew said...

Glad I'm not the only one with a husband glued to the football game!! :c)

Megan (Allen's sister)

Emily Marie said...

Glad you are back safe and sound. Sounds like life is full of fun times! Next time you come to the great state of VA, let me know! :)

Rachel said...

Hey you two! I just found your blog. I didn't realize you were a bloggin' gal. Fun to read!

P.s. And I'd just like everyone to know that reads this blog that YOU TOTALLY ROCK cuz you beat KORY in the triathalon!!!! GO BABY!

Love,
Autie Madussa

Sarah said...

I didn't realize you had posted since August. It sounds like you are doing well. That's awesome that you get to go to cosmetology school now. You're so great at that stuff. Good luck.