Monday, March 23, 2009

Wind caves and school

Sometimes I just don't get winters and springs in Logan. About a week or so ago (Monday), we had a huge snow storm. so much that it ended up snowing about 20 inches over all. we had to climb through the snow to get to our car. Kory, of course was so excited because it was spring break and he was gonna go skiing ALL week.




but since i didn't get a spring break... I was mad. Driving to school in back in the snow is mostly just a pain. But Kory decided to think up a fun date for me and him to do with the snow that weekend. On Saturday, he drove us up through the canyon and surprised me with 2 pairs of snow shoes! I've never gone snowshoeing so I've always wanted to try it. Well... since the weather here in Logan is so odd, there wasn't even enough snow. Even in the canyon! it was unbelievable! So we decided just to hike up to the Wind caves in the muddy snow. But we had so much fun! Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry!


If you look close enough, you can see the wind caves that we were hiking to...
On our way, we saw about 15 deer right by the trail. They stopped and stared at us for a few minutes and then Kory started whistling and making noises to scare off the deer. I got so scared because they were so close that I thought they were gonna run down and trample us, so I kept whispering to him to stop!

And.... Here is their friend! Right on the trail! A decapitated Deer head! GROSS!! Kory tried to make me sit closer to the head for the picture. But the closer I got to it, the more grossed out I got. my face is no pose... this is how I look when I'm trying not to be SO disgusted! :) I guess you could say I'm afraid of wild animals... dead or alive!




This is the wind caves! nothing really spectacular, but right behind us is a cliff. we were just about on the top of the mountain! Really Cool!






We had a really fun time up there. If anyone is looking for a fun hike to go on in Logan, you should do it. there's even a place you can make a fire inside the caves!


Anyway, on to a new subject...

Last week at my hair school, I got voted in to be in the Presidency at school. pretty cool right? well, basically the presidency isn't a really cool thing... unless you make it cool. We get to plan the parties and announce the graduates on their graduation day, and fill out the calendar each month. Nothing REALLY cool, BUT... here is an example of what our presidencies plan at parties...

For Valentines day we had a pot luck and played games during our "learning hour" of the day. we played this game that is similar to pictionary.. but not quite. You draw a valentine word, and spell it out with your butt! and the rest of the class has to guess what word it is.
We try and get creative because Holidays just never come often enough! so when they do come.. we get our Instructors involved!

Here is a video of one of my instructors in action!!!



They were so embarrassed! And that is why it is so funny! we find anything to make us laugh at school!!

This is the OWNER of the school! her's was the funniest, but I didn't pull my camera out fast enough!

Needless to say, that is why I'm excited to be in the Presidency!! :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That deer head is so stinkin' gross and soooo like Kory to try and make you stand next to it!

Congrat's on the presidency! You'll do a good job making the place fun. They'll love having you in the presidency.

I've never gone snow shoeing either. I've always wanted to. You'll have to let us all know when you do, what you think.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Those are great pictures. Thanks for posting them. :)

...butt pictionary...I think I may have to try that! Hahahahahha!!

Congratulations on the Presidency!! ;)

Cade and Kelsie said...

Hey Im not sure if you'll get this, but I just wanted you to know I've missed seeing you at church! I hope you are feeling well and that you make it back east alright!

des said...

hi kristi! wow, i stumbled upon a plethora of blogs by friends i havent seen in ages - now that i have found you i will have to check back soon. you guys look great!

Mike and Corie said...

Hi Kris Kris!!
I will try and do more blogging this summer, (since I made a blog pretty much just for you last summer!) but you have to keep yours updated too! deal?
I Love you and I'm excited that your with your man again. I miss you already though!
hope you have a great summer and please show me what its like in indiana (p.s. everytime I think about you being in Indiana I think of that song from the music man "gary indiana gary indiana" random huh?!!!)
xoxo