Friday, July 3, 2009

We're having a.....

We're having a GIRL!!!!

Kory and I could not be more excited! Wednesday I had my ultrasound and had the best time watching our little girl wiggle around and see what I've been feeling inside and watching her suck her thumb! She would not take her thumb out of her mouth no matter what (this could be a good thing or a bad thing in the future). But for now, it was just SO cute! The technician needed to check her lips to see if they were fully developed and didn't have a cleft pallate (however you spell that) but all we could do was sit and watch her till she decided to pull her thumb out. For 1 second she pulled it out and he paused the picture right away and got it with her lips puckered up and a little thumb sticking straight out of her fist! She doesn't even weigh a full pound yet, so we couldn't even imagine how tiny that little thumb is!! wow!
He're a picture of her sucking her thumb!!

I took my mom in to my ultrasound since my hubby couldn't leave work and fly to Utah with me. My mom just ate it all up. She hasn't been to an ultrasound since I was in her belly so she was so shocked by how much has changed with the technology since 22 years ago. As soon as we got done with my doctors appointment my mom pulled out a baby gift for me. It was all pink little clothes. I asked her how she knew it'd be a girl and she said "I didn't, I bought a blue gift too.. just in case." She was totally prepared! I thought it was too funny! After that, we got some lunch and headed straight to a baby store so I could buy a gift to bring home to her daddy. Of course, we didn't buy just one gift. It was all too exciting and my mom went nuts buying her all sorts of cute things for her (there was a huge clearance sale). It was so sweet of my mom! We had a great time spending the day together and keeping it a secret that it was a girl. Kory didn't want me tell anyone what it was until I saw him face to face at the airport in Indiana so he could find out before everyone else did. my mom and I did pretty good not telling anyone until I saw him. Kory acted like a little boy waiting for the second he could open his Christmas present. I pulled out the gift and he just flipped out in excitement!! Here's what I brought to him...I can't wait to see him with our little girl in November! He's going to be so cute with her! We are so happy and so blessed that she is completely healthy and developing so well. My stomach is finally starting to pop out so I will post some pictures of that soon.
We are SO excited to finally tell people we are having a girl. (hense all the Pink writing)

Here are a few pictures of us in Indiana. We went to the Indianapolis Zoo last week and had a fun time there.








This is a picture of us at the pool. We like to spend a lot of time here as often as we can. It's a nice "get a way" from the summer JOB.


AHH!!! WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!

15 comments:

Alexandria Rammell said...

we r so excited for you!!!!!!!

laci said...

Hey guys...remember us? :) I just wanted to tell you CONGRATS!!! How exciting. Little girls are the best! ;) I loved how you waited to tell Kory in person and with a gift. So cute.
How are things in Indy? We're in Ft. Worth where it's miserably hot, but mostly just for Nate.
Well...I know we don't talk often, but I just wanted to let you know we're happy for you guys.

Rachel said...

Oh boy! I mean GIRL! Grandma Elizabeth is going to have a blast with this one. Is she done screaming with excitement yet??

Congratulations you too. That ultrasound photo is amazing! How darling.

Sarah Tolman said...

Hey Kristi,

Girls are SO fun! I was hoping you would have a girl! Kory has spent so much time trying to me macho that he deserves to be wrapped around a little girls finger. Congrats to you both.

-Aunt Sarah

kwbd Jones said...

What an amazing picture of your little girl! Ultrasounds have really changed since the last time i had one, which was only 16 years ago. I know one little girls who is aready so loved by a wonderful mommy and daddy.

DenisonChangos said...

you are so cute. I think it your gift was so cute. Congrats. It will be fun to have another neice. Now we just have to see if she is going to have a boy or a girl cousin. Let you know soon. Thanks for hanging out the other day it was fun. Love ya

Rebekah said...

Congratualtions!!! That is so exciting--she is going to be so lucky having you as her mom, i already know that her hair will always look amazing!
Congrats!
love, Rebekah

Sarah said...

Hooray!! Little girls are so much fun. I'm so excited for you guys :)
Very cute ultrasound pic

Cade and Kelsie said...

Congratulations! That is so wonderful! We are very excited for you! I have a new baby niece that they just blessed today and she is so much fun. I am sure your little girl will be just the same!

momforhealthyhomes said...

YAY for little girls! Congrats! All the sickness wasn't for nothing!

Heidi Madsen said...

I could not be more happy for the two of you! A GIRL, how exciting! I am so glad that you will be in Logan so we can get together. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You are such a sweetheart and I just love you!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop by and say congrats on having a girl! I have three girls (no boys) and I couldn't imagine my life without them. Hubs and I have wanted a boy in the past, but talking about adopting now I'm not sure I want anything but girls at this point. lol CONGRATS!

Mike and Corie said...

YAY YAY YAY!!
I am so happy for you guys, I can't wait to see her!!
I hope that we both live pretty close someday so that our little kidlets can play all day long and be best buddies!
it will happen right?
thanks for all the comments on my blog, you are on top of this BLOG thing!
LOVE YOU SISSY POO

Anonymous said...

oh my heck, I just got WAY more excited for my ultrasound next month! I am so excited for you! Are you having a baby shower? If you are, I want an invite! I LOVE getting pink things!!:)
Congrats Kristi! And THANK YOU again for the zofran!!!

Jamie Nicole said...

Congratulations!!! I haven't seen you in so long. You're going to be a great mother and how exciting that it's going to be a GIRL!! Whoohoo!!