Friday, January 29, 2010

Here's to you Daddy!

We Love You Daddy

This morning I asked Kory if he would get Hailee ready for the day since I had a few places I had to be at and I was already running late (story of my life). So when I came home I was surprised to see this...

Hailee was already for the day! Dressed up in a pink cheetah jacket, purple onsie, and green flower pants (that are way too big for her). I could not help but laugh out loud! Kory didn't even know what I was laughing about until I told him she was totally mis-matched (and dressed in the wrong size)! He said "What? She looks cute."
Of course she looks cute, but cheetah print and flowers? and how does the purple correlate?

If you know me- I am the type that has to have everything match just right. I don't know why but it just drives me crazy if it doesn't. My father-in-law always teases me and checks out her onsie to see if it matches her outfit.

But her outfit totally grew on me today! and I love it!

I love my husband for being such a cute dad to Hailee! I'm just sure he had her laughing and squealing the entire time he was dressing her!
This will make for a great memory. When she grows up and says "Mom, were you out of your mind when you dressed me this day?" I will just point to her dad and say "I tried to tell him."

Men- they just don't understand these things. But despite his lack in sense of style- I think he's an AWESOME Daddy!

11 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is the BEST OUTFIT!! HAHAHAHA ;)

Rachel said...

This makes me laugh. STILL to this day.....Brian if he picks out an outfit for the kids will pick out the least matching thing he can find. It is unreal to me. I will have clothes in drawers next to each other that match and somehow he finds things from all over and sizes? What's that? Just roll em up! Too funny! Yeah! It's a guy thing.

Sarah Tolman said...

Love it. We have the same thing in our house. Just wait until it includes the hair. It gets even better.

Cade and Kelsie said...

Too cute! She looks like so much fun! I showed Cade the outfit and he couldn't see anything wrong either. We need to do something one of these days I would love to chat and catch up. Aren't you guys done this semester?

JAKE AND STACY said...

Funny!! We use to have this problem but after years of laughing at him, Jake makes me pick out the clothes on the days that he dresses them.

Heidi Madsen said...

I laughed so hard! Way funny, thanks for sharing!

Mike and Corie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I Loved your blog! Give him a little credit though, there is a LITTLE bit of purple in the pants!!!
that is so cute, don't you love it when they help out?
remember when we were little and mom was gone on a trip or something, and we asked dad to put our hair up in a pony tail? haha, he tried EVER SO HARD!! haha

Cade and Kelsie said...

We are hoping to go to Medical school in either Texas, Wisconsin or Oregon, so that's where we hope to move. What about you guys what are your plans?

Sarah said...

ha ha! That's totally what Mike does sometimes, but it's so cute, too. I was laughing while I read this, remembering several occasions where pretty much the same thing happened. Too fun!

Zack said...

Zack did the exact same thing the other day. It was bad! Also, I have those green flower pants. Looks like we have a lot of matching outfits!

Jamie Nicole said...

That is just killer! Too funny!!! I am laughing so hard!! Love it! Miss you Pipp!