Monday, January 11, 2010

teeth, smiles, and grandparents

This last week was not the most fun week of my life but I got through it and never have to worry about it again....

I got my Wisdom teeth pulled out! BLAHHHHH!!!!! This picture explains a little how I felt! (BLAHHHH- again).

But I learned that being put out isn't as scary as I thought. I counted from 10 and only got to the number 7 and I was out! I didn't hear any drilling on my teeth, feel any pressure, or drool running down my face (like I usually do when I'm at the dentist). It was amazing! They cleaned me up and I was out of the office in 30 minutes, which only felt like 3 seconds to me.

I also learned the Loratab is the WORST medicine ever!! I was so nauseous the first 2 days that any time I stood up, I'd feel the food rising in my tummy. And then I realized it was the medicine doing that to me. So I stopped and didn't feel any nausea at all after that.

I stayed at my parents house after the surgery so they could help take care of Hailee and I. My dad gave me a blessing the night before the surgery and my mom waiting on me and Hailee hand and foot. It was so nice not to have to worry about getting up and making food, getting my medicine, picking Hailee up when she cried, or changing her diaper. But my Mom sure had her hands full.

She was Wonderful!Look close and you can see Hailee's spit up all over my mom's shirt. Like I said- she had her hands full. We kept her busy.

And now, 4 days have passed since my surgery and I am feeling MUCH MUCH better! It was a rough go for a while but I am SO glad to get those out of my mouth and have 1 less thing to worry about! I'm so grateful that my parents could be there and help me out! They are so sweet!


ALSO.....


Last week my mom and I captured a few great pictures of Hailee smiling!


It is so fun to have her be so alert and smiling all the time. I love watching her grow. I can see a lot of Kory in her. Other than her long toes and fingers, I don't see much of me in her, but time will tell.


Yesterday Kory told me that I'm starting to resemble her. I said "really? How" and he says "You both have chubby cheeks now." He thought he was so funny.




On Sunday, Kory's grandparents were finally able to see Hailee for the first time! It was so great to see them. Hailee even smiled for them.
The 3 Elizabeth's and Great Grandpa Recht. (That is where Hailee got her middle name)



4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh what a blessing to have your mom able to help! Hailee is sooo adorable. I know I keep saying that but.....she IS!

If it were me, I'd be giving Kory some chubby cheeks of his own to go along with his black eyes.....the turd! :)

Olivia Heilmann said...

Your mom is a amazing! I am so glad that you had her around for you. :)

Cade and Kelsie said...

Glad you survived your wisdom teeth I was thinking about you. Hailee is such a doll she looks like so much fun!

Mike and Corie said...

oh my you are right, your little cheeks did get pretty swollen, I bet they're all small and cute again for Sunday! Cutest little smile pictures of Hailee, she really is a doll!