Friday, July 16, 2010

little Stinker

Hailee has gone from This.... 
AND THIS...




TO THIS.....


  


 With in 1 week, my life has changed....
She won't go right down for naps anymore because she rolls right over on to her knees, sits up and cries till someone comes in.
AND THEN...

2 days ago, I walked in to her crying in her crib thinking she'd be sitting up with outstretched arms waiting for me to pick her up, only to find her STANDING in the crib and crying. Not only during nap time, but even in the middle of the night.
 
 She used to be so easy to put down for naps/bed because all she could do was roll over. If she cried then she'd fall right asleep because laying down would help her realize how tired she was. But now I fear it will NEVER be easy again.
I know this is just the beginning of many things she will do in life, and it probably seems so small to some but this transition in such a short time has got me a little wired.
Don't get me wrong, I am a very proud mamma to see her learning all these things. she is so cute to watch when she crawls and sits... and now stands.

But My baby is growing up way too fast! And I was enjoying the easiness and quietness of nap times.  Hopefully we can find that PEACE again! I don't know how or when. But hopefully Sooner than later!!

11 comments:

Sarah Tolman said...

Ooooh boy. Here we go. Life with a very mobile baby. Good luck!

Cade and Kelsie said...

Wow! She is getting so big! They do grow up too fast!

Heidi Madsen said...

Oh Kris, she is TOO cute. My sweet Sadie learned how to walk and then became VERY spicy and sassy Sadie. Good Luck!

Cameron and Carly said...

Thats so funny! Congrats that's just crazy to think she is already doing that! It only gets better from here on I'm sure!

Rachel said...

Get that mother in law of yours to get off her duff and rock that baby so you can get some sleep. ;)

As Sarah says: Oh boy!!!

momforhealthyhomes said...

I am dealing with the same thing! My baby went straight from crawling to standing up in one fell swoop!! She wouldn't go to bed last night because she would stand up in her pack n' play and not know how to get down. So she would just cry and cry until someone came to get her. Ok, now it just sounds like I am complaining. I am really not, kids do sure keep you on your toes:] If you have any ideas let me know!

Sarah said...

It's crazy how quickly they do new things! And there's no turning back. Good luck. She's a cutie

Mike and Corie said...

She's really cute! when she was crawling on her knees she kind of looked like a little frog! haha.
here is my snippit of advice for the nap, take it or leave it. (Seppi did this too, like all of a sudden he fought me to go down) Keep doing what you do, do whatever routine you were doing and then put her down and leave the room. For a couple of times or even days she's going to FREAK like she did, but keep at it and let her learn that you're not going to come back to get her and she'll go down easier again for you. My motto with Seppi is if he cries for more than 30 minutes (which has honestly happened maybe 2 or 3 times EVER) then I'll go back in and give him a break and try again in about 10 minutes or so..
some people say 30 minutes is too little some people say its too much, so you decide what your time limit to let her cry is!
I hope this helps, I just know and remember how frustrated I was a when he stopped going to sleep so easily and how sad I was that he isn't really a baby any more...
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Zack said...

Haha I am not excited for Berkley to be mobile at all! Hailee is darling and I LOVE that curly hair she is growing!

Olivia Heilmann said...

That is a hard transition...but hang in there. She is super adorable!!

Joe and Victoria said...

just found your blog...love it! Your little girls is sooo adorable :)