Last week Kory's mom's side of the family had a big family Reunion.
It started off with a large pasta dinner, Talent show, and a very nice family home evening lesson.
The Jones' skit was Synchronized swimming. Kory, Devin, Brent, and I arrived late so we didn't have time to learn the skit. We got to sit back and laugh at the rest of the family. All of the other skits ranged from drumming on garbage can lids, telling stories, bathroom skits, singing funny alternated songs, and the cutest of them all was Grandma and Grandpa Rechts "There's a hole in the bucket dear Liza" skit.
Then next morning, we all got out of bed, put our Triathlon gear on in the freezing cold morning and jumped in the pool and raced for the Ronald Mcdonald home fundraiser.
We had about 21 people in the family participate in the race. Our family made a headline in the newspaper for so many people participating in the race.
The race started like this:
Swim (750 meters)
Bike (12.4 miles)
Run (3.1 miles)
It was the best feeling having so much family around and cheering you on to keep going. It was such a fun atmosphere to be around. There are announcers who yell out your name and get the crowd excited. It was a really fun experience that has now become a tradition for most of us. This year was our 2nd time doing the race and it just keeps getting better and better (and colder and colder). But we really enjoyed every minute of it.
After the race, we all went home and finally warmed up and got some sleep. Then we went to our cousins' wedding reception to support him and his new wife. We had a great time visiting with everyone and getting to know everyone a little bit better.
The next morning we drove back home. It was such a short trip for such a long drive.We wished we could have stayed longer, but we needed to get back to school and our busy lives again.





4 comments:
Way to go girl! I'd love to do a triathlon but I don't have a bike ;)
Let's stop talking about getting together and DO IT! I can't believe that I still haven't met your little lady, I"m such a bad friend.
You did awesome Kristi! I shouted myself hoarse yelling. It really was a run time.
You rock!
Sounds fantastic! I love Family Reunions. :)
Post a Comment