This year, for Valentines Day was a very simple Holiday for our family. Saturday we went to the Stake Valentines Dance and had a fun time eating the fancy dinner, socializing with friends, and taking fun pictures. Hailee loved every minute of it since she got to play in the nursery for most of the time, which we were very glad for since she is quite the busy child. We were also surprised that she did so well. The second she saw other kids and a room full of toys, she wanted nothing to do with us. (3 more months until she can go to nursery at church!! YAY!)
Then, on Monday (the real "V" Day), Grandma Thornock had sent us a cute sugar cookie set to make. So Hailee and I made our first batch of cookies together.
She was SO excited! you can see it on her face. She couldn't believe she was allowed to put her hands in the dough.
It was a real challenge keeping her fingers from putting the dough in her mouth. I think she ate more that she helped. I was worried- But she lived through it..
These were some of the finished cookies we made together. She had her mouth full of treats, keeping her from smiling.
That night, my sister in-law (Amber) and I went to the dollar store and got cheap and cheesy decorations for our candle-light dinners. I wanted to make a nice dinner for Kory, but 5 pm rolled around and lost ambition. So we got Costa Vida "to go" and ate it at home.
We met up with Amber and Braden at the FUN PARK to let Hailee try the big play place here- where adults can go through it also. We thought this would be so fun for her.
She was NOT a fan.
She cried the whole way down the slide. Maybe we'll try again in a few months.
So, we decided to play arcade games while we were there.
Kory rocked the fun park. All the little boys surrounded Kory, telling him how awesome he was for winning all those tickets.
He soaked up all the attention he could get.
After we counted out our tickets, we bought candy and dumb toys. But we had a lot of fun. Kory and I usually have the most fun doing those simple, and cheap activities (most of the time). I guess it is just what you make of it.

6 comments:
Hailee is getting so big what a doll!
Don't let Matthew see all of those tickets! Holy Schmoly! I've never seen anyone win so many.
"Costa Vida" sounds very romantic to me. No food prep and no clean up...... perfect! :D
Sounds like you guys had a blast. How fun! And you are all beautiful. :)
Your family is so cute! Hey and also, we have those exact same black sugar/flower holders. Sweet, haha!
I can't believe Hailee's curly hair! Where the heck did that come from? It's super cute. Her face coming off the slide is priceless.
you all are hilarious. Jake and I wish we could be there with you all to do those simple cheap fun things. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment