Friday, May 27, 2011

Look Alike

Everywhere we go, people always stop us to tell me that my daughter looks just like SHIRLEY TEMPLE.
Of course her hair resembles how Shirley Temple's was, so I respond by saying "it must be the curly hair" but lately people are correcting me and telling me its her expressions, her eyes, cheeks, lips, AND even her nose that also reminds them of her.

I don't necessarily think she looks just like Shirley Temple but it is always such a nice compliment to me because...well... not very many people know this but... Shirley Temple used to be my IDLE as a kid!!! Really! I had every song memorized and always sang them along with her. My mom, my sister Corie, and I collected just about every single movie she was in and we'd watch them over and over and over again. I wanted to be her. My mom would put curlers in our hair and we'd wear our hair just like she did. My 4th grade class even did a pretend Wax Museum and we all dressed up like someone famous in History that we appreciated. I chose Shirley Temple and I dressed up like her and wrote a report about her and pretended to be her all day long. I know I have a picture of me my parents' house dressed up like her somewhere, but I'll save that embarrassment for another time!

Shirley Temple was such a feisty, but sweet little girl with enough personality for a whole crowd of people. Now if that doesn't describe my little Hailee, then I don't know what does. So I guess you can say I agree. But when when people really tell me how much she reminds them of Shirley Temple, I just have to laugh because it reminds me of my obsession as a child and how badly I wanted to be her... and now my own child looks like her and gets all the credit- without even trying. HAHA
So, here are some pictures of the look alike so you can decide for yourself! 







































 










 



 I love this one because she is about Hailee's age in this picture. And this is totally what Hailee is doing ALL DAY LONG!











 




 Oh... and I must blog about this experience, and what a process it was....


Hahah. Every time I looked at her that day, it caught me off guard because she didn't look like herself. But it was fun to see her with straight hair. I think she looks even MORE like Kory with straight hair than Shirley Temple with curly hair. I guess that;s a good thing too ;)

8 comments:

Cade and Kelsie said...

I can definitely see a resemblance! Too cute!

Kellie and McKay said...

I never thought of that but it is true! I used to watch and love Shirley Temple too. How funny! Lets play soon!

Alexandria Rammell said...

I have to admit...I was just obsessed with Shirley Temple and have a big picture of her in my room in california!!! I WISH I HAD ALL HER MOVIES!!! Lucky.

Rachel said...

Oh my stars! I had no idea her hair was that long! With her curls, you'd never know.

She is very adorable. And yes, she does look like Korrie...... and Shirley Temple. :D

Brett and April said...

LOVED SHIRLEY TEMPLE!! "Animal crackers in my soup..." haha. She does look a lot like her!

Mike and Corie said...

HA HA! I Love this! i totally will always think of you and mom whenever I see anything shirley temple! I Loved that we collected them and got excited everytime a new one came out! haha.
Hailee does look a lot like it but more her curls than anything! She does have great expressions though! ha ha.
I Just LOVE the pictures where Hailee is doing the exact same things. very funny!
You're awesome

DenisonChangos said...

Very Cute!!! I still think she is cuter than Shirley Temple. I remember mom getting all those movies. We all loved them.

Hailey looks so different with straight hair. She is always cute no matter what.

Thanks for hanging out last week. It was fun to be with family. Even if you did put your shoes on the wrong feet. I had no idea until I read Corie's blog. You are too funny. Love ya

The Ellis' said...

Oh my gosh! She really looks so much like her! She is such a cutie. She looks so grown up with her hair all straight!