We FINALLY have internet in our Apartment. After months of going over to our clubhouse and finding a place where Hailee could run around so I could work on my online classes, blog, email, etc. I had decided I was going to pull my hair out if I had to go back there and chase her around, or neglect her just to barely get by in my deadlines for quizzes and assignments. We never found enough reasons to purchase internet at home but after the last semester, I put my foot down and FINALLY purchased it. Now I can do my homework and blog in PEACE while my sweet little girl takes her naps.
Life has been pretty good to us lately. Kory got a job as a manager in Landscaping and he loves it. He enjoys getting his hands in the dirt, and creating a whole new image to a yard. He gets so excited to show me the blue print/design on paper but I never really understand. Last night, before we went to bed he said "would you like to see what we are working on"? so of course I said yes. He pulled out this big poster and looks at me and paused. And then said "put your glasses on." I laughed, and put them on, realizing that this must be very interesting and improtant to him. He unrolls the poster and all I could see was circles, dots, lines, and squares. Luckily my intelligent husband was able to explain what all the different shapes meant. "Circles are trees, Lines are pre-existing work, etc.." He is so happy to be doing what he went to school for and he is learning so much everyday. Although, this job is not his career job, it is paying the bills for the time we are in still in school. He is also studying every night after work until 10 or 11 pm for tests and classes that must be done before graduate school starts. He is a very busy man.
Needless to say, some days I feel like a single mom taking care of Hailee because we dont see him much these days. But we are always so excited when he comes home and we soak up every minute with him. He probably wants his own space or just wants to relax, but he is always so good at giving us BOTH the attention we need. Whether it is just listening to me babble on and on about nothing, or going out on dates and chasing Hailee around the park, he knows just how to keep us happy.
As for me, I finished another semester at USU and will start back up in the fall. I am so close to being done. 16 more credits to go! I still continue to find so many crafts to do that I've buried myself pretty deep. I even dream about sewing and cutting out fabric. I have to stop myself sometimes because I think I could buy the entire Hobby Lobby and Joanne's craft store and sew all day (and sometimes I do). It is such a fun hobby that I never realised I would love so much. I was never a crafty person until I was pregnant with Hailee, so I still have a lot to learn.
I am still doing hair in my home and continue to build my clientele. It is so nice to do it at home and know that Hailee has her mommy by her side. I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with her. She is truly my life these days. She is such a good buddy- even though she hasn't picked up on shopping. She is not a fan of it. But maybe its a sign to tell me to stop shopping and making excuses to buy clearance items because the money STILL adds up! haha (that is my weakness). But she is truly such a joy in our lives.
Hailee is such a wild thing...
She climbs up on EVERYTHING. This is where she prefers to hang out.
Every night, when I put her to bed, I miss her minutes after she's asleep. Some nights I beg Kory to let me go get her and bring her to bed with us. She usually only lasts about 30 minutes because she is such a wiggle worm and tries to take up the entire bed. And if she wakes up in our bed, she gets so excited that she wants to bounce and play with Kory's face. But I love the few moments where she is asleep in my arms so peacefully, because I can watch her and just hold her close and be thankful for the wonderful blessing she is in my life.
Hailee is such a busy little girl. The poor girl can't even gain any weight because she is moving non-stop.
She loves phones, jewelery and being naked.
She loves to blow kisses...
and give actual kisses to her reflexion in the mirror, lips, phones (or anthing that looks like a phone), pictures, and to her baby dolls. She loves when I tell her to get her shoes on. She will run to the door and say "bye bye." She loves getting ready for bed. She will bring us her pajamas and a diaper without us asking sometimes. She'll run to the counter and shout "ba ba" and expects us to find her binki or bottle. then I'll say "brush your teeth?" and she'll run to the bathroom and say "ahhhh" (like she's opening her mouth at the dentist). We brush her teeth and then she'll go into her room by her music player and waits for me to push play. Then she reaches up for me and instantly puts her head down on my shoulder and lets me rock her sing to her as we point at the figures on the wall from her constilation toy until I lay her down, give her a dolly to snuggle with, a blanket, tell her good night, and leave the room. She is such a helper. She will hand me all the silverware from the dishwasher one by one even when I'm trying to load the dishwasher. Some things just aren't worth fighting for :)
She LOVES computers
(which is why I can't do much on the computer when she is with me).
She loves hanging out with her dad.. whenever he has food, treats, or playing games on our Ipod
She is such a happy child! We are loving watching her grow and learn so many new things. It is so much fun. Everyday Kory and I find ourselves talking about the cute things Hailee did that day. She is the topic of all our conversations. Since Mothers day was Sunday, I've really been thinking about how amazing it is to be a mother. It is a scary, but wonderful opportunity raising a child. I think of my mom and how much attention I demanded when I was a kid and teenager. I was always one of her first priorities and no matter what situation I was in, she was always there helping me or routing for me on the sidelines. She was an incredible mom and still continues to be there just one phone call away. It is funny because growing up I always said "when I'm a mom, I won't ever do this... or that" or I'd say "you just don't understand" but I find myself everyday doing some of the same things my mom does, and I know now that she completely understood everything I was going through. I love her so much and I hope that I will be like her someday. I also thank my mother in-law in my heart daily for the wonderful man she raised. He has so many great qualities that come from how he was raised. He has so much respect for his mom and for me. And that is very important to me. It is awesome to have another mom in my life as well who understands me and cares for me. If you know my mom's... You'd agree that I am one lucky person! I have too much fun with both of them and I love spending time with them. They are great examples in my life, and I will treasure that forever.
Happy (late) Mother's Day!!!
Here are a few recent pictures of our Family and more of Hailee (of course)
5 comments:
It's funny reading this. It brings back so many memories of when we just had Brennan. I wondered, how in the world we could love another! We had so much love for Brennan. I can remember rocking Brennan as I was pregnant with Trevor and just worried about how this would all work.
It does. :D The heart is an amazing thing.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane. These are treasured moments.
I loved this post! you are a great mother and Congrats on the great grades!!! you rock.
I have never seen hailee's hair pulled back! thats cute, she looks like a different kid though. I Love her curls too!
Thanks so much for coming to Seppi's party, it was great for Seppi to see all the people who love him!
awe! You are an amazing mom and wife!!! I am excited for you guys getting through school and kory's job. that is SOOO great. I am excited for you in your new calling, too! I know you are going to do an amazing job. you are so talented, kind and thoughtful. When we get back in the fall you are going to have to show me how to sew some of those cute bunchy dresses because, i am in love with them. you should post some of the projects you've done for me to see!!
She is too cute.Glad you are doing well...and that you got internet :)
You are a wonderful mother. I love watching you interact with Hailee. I also appreciate the kind words you said about me. I hope you know that I love spending time with you too! Not only are you a great mother, you are a great wife to Kory too. What more could a mother/grandmother want! You are very special.
Post a Comment