Sunday, October 30, 2011

American West Heritage Center

Yesterday I dragged Kory and Hailee to the American West Heritage Center. I say "dragged" because last time we went it wasn't very fun for Kory since he didn't enjoy petting baby cows when he was pretty much raised around farm animals with his jobs. And we had to drag Hailee because she did NOT understand why we were dressing her up in a costume. She threw a huge tantrum. But once we got there, she couldn't have been more excited. She LOVED this place. We met up with some friends and had a great time. And I think Kory had fun this time also! :)

We let Hailee play around on the Hay playground and the miniature corn maze. She thought this was awesome.




Then we ran over to the jumbo slide.

This by far was my favorite part.
Hailee wasn't so sure about this but I think she secretly loved it. She would giggle a little and then hurry and put a straight face on again.


We let her go alone and she was so scared. I felt so bad because she face planted and slid down on her face about 2 feet away from me and I could catch her soon enough. She wasn't hurt, but she sure was frightened. You know when someone falls and you imediately feel bad for them but you know they are okay so all you can do is laugh because it looked so funny?? Well that's what happened. I was laughing so hard at my little girl. I must be a heartless mommy. But I really did feel bad.

Then we headed over to the big Corn maze. we all had some fun searching to find our way out. I was just the follower. I get so lost even when I have directions in front of me, so I just let everyone else navigate.

Then we ended our adventure with a little train ride. It was a beautiful, sunny Fall day and it was great to spend it with friends and family!

2 comments:

Mike and Corie said...

You get the best pictures of her, I NEED a new camera SO bad, everytime I get a good one of Seppi, my camera can't keep up. She looks so cute and this looks like a lot of fun!!
p.s. I Feel like a celebrity a little bit in the next post! haha. that was a lot of fun coming up to see you!
THANKS!! See ya tomorrow, we'll think of something GRAND to do!

Jennifer Tolman said...

This looks like a BLAST!! - I was a lame mom this october/halloween for sure... but if I'd known about this Rhett would've loved it!!