Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Halloween

I know Halloween was about a month ago, but I am behind on this blogging stuff. Life (as always) has been pretty busy.

Here are some pictures of how we celebrated our Halloween.

Halloween morning we had a fun play group. We ate some spooky treats, decorated cookies, and let the kids play around together. Most of the girls have little babies so it was so fun to watch them just roll around and run into each other. SO cute!
later on that day, I rushed to the D.I. to get some costumes for Kory and I. He had told me for weeks that he would NOT dress up (it's not his thing). The night before Halloween, we watched Captain America for the first time (which IS Kory's thing). So I tricked him and asked him if I were to come up with a Captain America costume for me and him, would he dress up. He told me sure thing. HAHA so I scrambled all afternoon to make a costume for Kory. It ended up looking SO bad, but pretty funny. He laughed when he saw it, but still put the costume on wore it for a few hours! I was Captain America's girly friend.  And of course, Hailee was a little cowgirl.

Hailee did not understand why she had to wear those funny clothes. She threw a bit of a fit for a few minutes.
So Grandpa tried to help her out and motivate her. She liked that.
We each took turns taking Hailee to the doors. here is Grandma and Daddy taking her.
And here is our costumes. Yes- I know Kory's costume is pretty rediculously poorly made, but I think we all could figure out who he was. it gave us all a good laugh! I was so proud of him to wear it!

Kory's parents and 2 brothers and sister in law came over to spend the evening with us. It was so fun to take Hailee around and watch her figure out what trick or treating was all about. She caught on very quickly and loved every second of it.
And... it didn't take her long to dig in and eat half her bag of candy on the way home.

This Halloween was so fun! It just gets better and better every year with her!

No comments: