Thursday, October 6, 2011

Catch up...

I haven't been blogging lately and I apologize. Life has been super busy for me. I started school again this fall. 10 credits and they are all online. I thought online classes would be easier for me this semester since last year I took them on campus and felt like I was always gone. I wanted to be with Hailee all the time since Kory is always at work or school. I didn't want to juggle babysitters since I will have to do that next semester (my LAST semester). Well... I have learned that online classes are much more convenient for me because I can do them during Hailee's nap and after bedtime. BUT, what I didn't realize was how hard it would be to motivate myself, teach myself, and stay on top of all my homework without very many deadlines. WOW! It has been tough. It takes up a lot of my spare time.I try and do it purely when Hailee is napping so that I can be there for her, which means I don't really have any spare time for myself.  I  have just about reached the point where I have no more motivation for school. But I realize how silly it would be to not finish when I can be done this May! So I've just gotta push it through until then.  It's really not that bad, I still have time to do most things that I want/need to, but I miss doing crafts during nap time or cleaning when she's asleep, or just relaxing alone. So this week, I actually got ALL of my homework, tests, assignments, etc out of the way and now I have from Thurs- Mon to enjoy! YAY... I think I'll try and do that every week now. I think my classes are starting to click into my brain and I finally understand what's going on and I have a good schedule to go by. So... Hopefully this means I'll get some more blogging in and other stuff. :)

Other than school, I still work at home doing hair when I can, enjoying play dates with our friends, staying busy with my calling in R.S. (2nd counselor), and doing my everyday mommy errands. Life is busy, but I really am enjoying that I still have time for all these things because I can juggle school during naps! It is definitely more convenient.

Hailee is just as busy as ever. Other than potty training, she is learning how to get into everything, open doors (she ran away a few times and I lost her- THAT was FRIGHTENING). She is talking so much more now and being very feisty. But she also has started cuddling with me more often (which i loooove), and she loves to cuddle with her babies. She takes her dolls everywhere and loves to pretend like she is the mommy. She puts them to bed probably 20 times a day and rocks them to sleep.  


 She spends hours undressing and dressing herself.... She's still trying to figure it out.
 She loves spending time with her friends and cousins. Seppi and Corie came over to spend time with us last month.. They had a blast.
 She is in love with animals.. Especially dogs. Out of nowhere one day, she wasn't afraid of them anymore.


Kory is still working hard every day doing Landscaping and learning how to run a landscaping business. His boss is letting him see more of the business side of things to help educate Kory so he can hopefully run his own business in the next few years. He is enjoying his job- other than the days that he has to work in the cold and wet weather. He goes to school down in Weber 2 nights/ week. Next semester he will be able to do it in Logan. Kory just turned 27!!! What an OLDIE! We didn't do very much for his birthday because it was so rainy. I made him his usual birthday breakfast, ran some regular Saturday errands together and house cleaning, and waited for the weather to clear up so that we could go mountain biking.

The weather never cleared up. But Kory was just fine with it because there was football on TV. He opened his gifts and got... Can you guess?


He got a fishing pole and all the gear to go with it, work boots, work pants, work jacket, a t-shirt, candy, and..... an 80's  wig...
If you know Kory, you know he loves to jam out to his Classic Rock music. Ever since we were married, he has been joking around about wanting a long black wig so that he could flip his hair when he rocks out. So after 4 years of hearing that... I finally bought him one just to be funny. 

 
Hailee was terrified of him.
Then, we had a bbq with some friends and watched the BYU vs UTAH game. Too bad his birthday had to end in shame. But I think he'll get over it someday.

5 comments:

Heidi Madsen said...

Oh my word woman, YOU are AMAZING!!! Good luck with school, I don't know how you do EVERYTHING SO WELL! I miss you!

Mike and Corie said...

oh my goodness, I just wrote you a huge comment and it disappeared... AHH.
I Love the WIG, that is so funny!!!
Great job on keeping at it with school! it sounds like you've figured out your schedule really well and how you can make it through.
I can not believe that Hailee did that in 3-4 days, that amazes me.
Seppi is still working on it. maybe I'm weak! haha
p.s I copied that picture of Seppi and Hailee, I LOVE IT! it's awesome that they like each other so much.

Sarah said...

Online classes really are tough. Finding the motivation to do it is definitely different than going to school online. I did my last 2+ years online. Keep it up! Happy Birthday to Kory :)

Rachel said...

You are one busy momma!! I just bought myself a black long haired wig for Halloween. :D

anna said...

i should call you wonder-woman from now on. geez you busy lady! i love the video of the wig, i think it's so funny how kids can love you one second and be terrified of you the next! ryan's big deep voice scares the crap out of Easton sometimes! it's hilarious