Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hailee turned 2!

Hailee had a BIRTHDAY! I can't believe she is already 2 years old.
We celebrated Hailee's birthday at Kory's parent's house and invited our families to come and celebrate with us.
Hailee is completely obsesed with Elmo. Why? not sure. I don't have any reasons why I never wanted her to get into sesame street, but I just didn't really care for it. She has never been much of a TV watcher (which is kind of a bitter sweet feeling for me) so one day she was over at her friend's house and we found out she loves sesame street. She has become a huge fan. My mom bought her a elmo movie one day and she begs for it every day now. She knows it's on the internet and asks to watch "Emmo" everytime we are on the computer. She even turns of our movies and shows, and then hands us the remote control, sticks elmo in the DVD player and asks to watch elmo. so..... I have fallen in love with the idea of her loving Elmo because it is just too cute to watch her zone in whenever elmo is around.
 
So we had an ELMO Birthday Party!!!
She loved watching me make all the decorations and got so excited for her Elmo pary.


Then we played "Pin the nose on the Elmo." The kids loved this game.


And then, of course they made me play since it was actually my birthday (but we celebrated mine a different day so that we could celebrate Hailee's with the family). Kid birthdays are always more fun!!

Then it was time to open her gifts. Hailee brought her own gifts over. She was too excited!

This year it was so much fun to watch her understand the idea of opening gifts. last year she only wanted to play with the paper. It is so cool to watch little kids figure things out day by day and year by year.

The other kiddies were just inching closer and closer to help open gifts. So we let them! And it was so cute to watch them work at it together.
 
Hailee was also SO very excited to meet her cousin, Janelle for the first time since she was born. She was excited to be with her two babies. They are both her cousins on the Jones side.
 
It is was a fun day to be with family and reflect on how much Hailee has grown in the last 2 years and how much our lives have been changed becuase of her. I can't believe how much we have grown to love her more today than ever. But it makes me sad to see that my baby is not a baby anymore. She is a Kid now and she is just growing up too fast! But I love all the new things she is coming up with everyday. She keeps me busier than I ever thought a child could do. She makes us laugh every single day, and keeps us on our toes and burning calories all day long! haha I just love her busy little self SO much!

4 comments:

Cade and Kelsie said...

Happy birthday Hailee (and you)! Can't believe she's two! What a fun, fun party! It looks like you put A LOT of work into it! How fun!

Sarah said...

She is so big! Very cute party decorations :)

Mike and Corie said...

That was so much fun! Thanks for posting!! ha ha. She was so cute and very mature for a 2 year old!
p.s. your captain america costume actually looks really cool! you should feel proud of yourself! and You look very cute as well. as always

Tony and Jamie said...

I cant believe she is 2! She is seriously such a doll. It was fun to visit with you in October:) I hope school is going well!