I love the first week of school because there is hardly ever any homework! I took advantage of my few free days and I just have to show my latest craft! I am so excited about the way it turned out! Hailee's infant carseat was pretty sun-bleached and old looking after being in it for over a year. So I found a website HERE where it explained how to redo your carseat and make it look new again. I thought baby girl #2 deserved that much since everything she will be using has already been used by Hailee. I was so excited that I didn't have to buy a new carseat and spend all sorts of money to make it cute! I think I spent a total of 20-25 dollars for everything I needed to make this (which could be done even cheaper I think).
Here is the BEFORE picture: (this is the only picture I could find with the old background since she almost always had one of those JJ cole sleeping bags on it. (hers is on the left- if you don't recognize her baby cheecks)!
And here is the AFTER picture! YAY! I hope she loves the soft minky padding where her head goes! that's my favorite part! 
It took 2 days to finish. I was a little excited and couldn't stop. It wasn't too difficult, but I did manage to break 5 needles and poke myself a million times. This project involved all my blood, sweat, and tears... but it was worth it. And I'm so pleased with it!
4 more months and this baby will be here enjoying her "new" carseat! Can't wait!
21 weeks Prego (Hailee was trying to pose the same way- in my Glasses. haha).
10 comments:
best idea ever. you are super mom, mrs. jones.
i miss you girlfriend.
I LOVE this! I am going to have to try with with mine.
I love this! I've had a few friends do this to their own car seats but yours is seriously the BEST I've seen. I can't believe how little you are still!! Hope school goes well this semester. let me know if you need any help with babysitting!
you look incredible! and that car seat is ADORABLE! so wish I could be crafty... :)
U are one talented girl!
holy cow that looks AWESOME! i'm over-the-top impressed!
That turned out adorable!!! I can remember doing the same to mine years ago. I chose a jungle print. I remember being so pleased with myself because the car seat looked new again for my new baby. Fun memories.
I'm seriously impressed that's darling! I wish I had your talent! You're so tiny too by the way!
so cute. teach me cause i think we have the same carseat!
Good job! It looks amazing! And difficult. Props to you.
Post a Comment