Monday, February 6, 2012

Life with a 2 year old

This little 2 year old sure keeps our lives exciting and fully entertained.

                                             -She has the best "cheesey" faces!

-She loves to do daddy's hair...
-As well as getting her hair done by Daddy.

-Most days we give her some time in her room for quiet time. We usually come in to find something like this...  with every shelf and drawer completely emptied.
- a few months ago I walked in her room and found my scriptures on the ground, pages ripped out, and little pieces of poop on a few of the crumbled up pages. I guess they look about the size of a wipe. I was completely amazed. She thinks she can change her own diapers... with no help. (Hence the early potty training).
(isn't that gross? she loves getting her little cheeks wet).

- She climbs in bed with me EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. We even locked her door, bought babyproof door knob covers and put them on the inside of her door and on the outside of our door, but she had those things figured out in less than 24 hours.
- When she sleeps next to me, she will not let me move my head the other direction. It has to be nose to nose with her.

- Every morning at 6:50 she comes back in our room (after we've put her back to bed 2 other times) she jumps on my side, pulls my hands and says "LETS GO!" "I want fooooood" over and over until I roll out of bed. She quickly hands me my glasses and my cell phone, and heads right to the bathroom and says "go potty." Then we go right to the kitchen

-We used to be able to lay her down for naps and bedtime after a short bedtime routine and she would go right to sleep (sometimes she didn't even care for our routine so that was even easier). Now we do our routine, hug her and.... she doesn't let go. She wants us to lay there with her all night long. Last week I tried to see how long it would take before she'd let go and it took about 2 hours before that peeping eye and strong grip let go of me completely.
 
 
- She is completely obsessed with baby dolls and especially babies.

- her favorite songs to sing are ABC's, 5 little mice, 5 little monkeys, do as I'm doing, the wheels on the bus, twinkle twinkle litle star, the bumble bee song, and the snowman song.

- She can change her mind in seconds. One minute she hates it so much that she won't even try it....

                The next minute she LOVES it...
... So much that she'll wet her pants, run in, change herself, come back out, and never come back in (yes- she has a shirt on for her pants. I'm still not sure why she always does this).
- her favorite movie is anything with horses. Tangled is by far her favorite movie out there. She begs for the horsey movie about 7 times a day. Even if we've already watched it.

- whenever she gets hurt, she says "You hurt me!!"

- Whenever we slightly touch her or if we are about to pick her up she screams "DON'T HURT ME!" (as if we are about to abuse her or something???).

- If Kory or I hurt ourselves and say "ouch" she will say "You hurt me???" and act very concerned for us.

                                - We straightened her hair and she DID NOT like it!
                             but look how pretty... (but I'll always love her curls more).

-She LOVES to pray. She can almost say the entire prayer by herself without help. It usually goes like this "Heavenly Fadder, Tank you-- this day, Help--good girl, Help-- pee pee in the potty, Name of Jesus Cwiste AMEN!" And the best of all is that she says it one octive higher than her normal voice, in the most sincere voice. Absolutely precious.

-Funny words she can't pronounce very well.  "hhnnu-gle" (snuggle). "I ho-deen?" (I hold you?), "I wub-oo" (I love you), "Ope- E- dor (Open the door). "hhnacks" (snacks). "Shaamich" (sandwich). I love how she says these so I never try and correct her with the right way. haha their just priceless to me. 

- When I tell her to do something she always says "MINUTE" with her hands out as if she's telling me to CALM DOWN. and then she goes back to whatever she was doing before.

- She loves shapes. She knows oval, circle, square, triangle, rectangle, square, diamond, heart, and star.

- She is completely in love with ELMO.

-She has the most impressive tantrums out there. Some days, all I can do is sit back and watch her and wait for it to be over because there is nothing I can do to make it stop. but all it takes is one thing to distract her and she will switch like day and night and be perfectly happy!


Well those are just a few examples of what my busy 2 year old does and says all day. She keeps us going and making life so much more entertaining for us. How boring would my life be without her?! She is a joy in our lives. but, boy is she BUSY!!!

5 comments:

Emily Marie said...

What a silly! She reminds me a little of my two oldest combined! She is so cute and smart and will be a great big sister!! :)

Joe'n'Jess said...

she sounds like an exhauting bundle of fun! she's absolutely adorable too.

Rachel said...

You are such a good mommy Kristi! This post just speaks volumes of your love for your baby girl and what a wonderful mommy you are.

Jaime said...

What a funny little girl! I loved reading this!

Mike and Corie said...

She is a RIOT!!! ha ha. I can not believe how long her hair is when its straight. WHAT?? haha
p.s. you look cute. PROMISE