Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BEST DATE and pregnancy


A few months ago, Kory got a winter job working at Beaver Creek Lodge (up Logan Canyon). He answers phones and sets people up on snowmobills all day. He loves his job and everyone he works with! They are so good to him. Last week his boss let him go with him on a guide with a bunch of other riders for an entire day for free. What a great boss!! He had a blast and loved every minute.
So, last weekend, Kory arranged with his boss to take me out snowmobilling for a date! (Not free- but it was discounted enough for us to afford it)! We had a GREAT time. My sister lives in Bear Lake so she took Hailee for the day and we enjoyed the entire day together on the mountain, just the 2 of us! 


 We set out and I was pretty nervous. I have been before but it has been at least 5 years since I've been, plus being pregnant made me really nervous. I just got the "okay" to exercise after 5 weeks of not being aloud to exercise from my doctor since they thought there was a chance I might be high risk pregnancy... Which I'm totally not (thank goodness)!! So we took it easy for the first little bit.  

 Kory took me on some fun trails.. and some very scary, downhill trails through the trees (he got a little lost) for a bit. We found our way back and followed a trail into a little town in St. Charles, Idaho. We pulled right up to a little cafe and had lunch there. It was so cool to pull the snowmobills all the way up to the parking lot.
 It was such a ghetto little cafe- but the food was SO GOOD and fattening- just what I crave these days!
After lunch, we folllowed the trail back and just played around in an open area. Kory is definitely a natural at being crazy on snowmobills. He was fun to watch and I got a bit more daring as the day went on. It was so much fun being there in the perfect weather and snow. It was just what I needed after a long week of school and not seeing my hubby much that week.

We ended the night off with dinner in Bear lake at a pizza place with my sister and her family. It was the perfect date for sure!!



Well, I guess I'll end this post with a little pregnancy update.... (24 weeks)
People say I'm not poking out very much, but let me just tell you that I feel like I am growing everywhere else and that is probably why my belly doesn't look as big. haha- oh the joys of pregnancy and gaining weight!
Other than that, I am feeling great! I crave burgers, fries, and candy (all healthy things of course). It is so hard to avoid sometimes :)  I am finally allowed to exercise and be a normal pregnant lady, but now that I'm almost to my 3rd trimester, I'm sure the exercise desire is going to go away quite quickly.  The doctor thought I might have Vasa Previa- its where the placenta and the cord are covering the cervix, so if there was any extra pressure, force, dilation, or anything like that- it could cut circulation and blood flow off from the baby and be extremeley dangerous for her). I just had an ultrasound last week and they said there was nothing to even worry about because the placenta was no where near the cervix and everything is completely normal! yay!
I feel her moving all the time and feeling little hiccups quite often as well. The little stinker still wont let us see her face in any ultrasound (I've had 4 too). But it will just remain a mistery for us. Hailee knows there is a baby in my belly and continues to give my belly kisses daily. She enjoys laying her head on my tummy and giggling when she feels and hears the baby kick. I love that she is already excited and interested in her little sister!  

3 comments:

Alexandria Rammell said...

how fun! glad everything is A OK!!!! My placenta is over my cervix as well. But he said nothing about my cord...I havent heard of that before. They are pretty confident that it will move for me the bigger I get, so I am not too worried. I guess its more common then I thought, not sure about vasa previa though. My doctor told me that 1 in 300 doesnt move...so the odd of my moving are in my favor. Anyways...the miracles of pregnancy!

Rachel said...

They are going to be so close. These two little girls. They are going to be the best of buds.

What a fun date!!!

Anonymous said...

So I just got caught up on your blog, and of course the last post I had read was the one just BEFORE you announced you were pregnant! So imagine my surprise tonight when you're this far along!! I'm so happy for you and glad things are going much better! I'm so excited for you guys!