I DID IT!
I am finally a graduate at Utah State University!
Human Movement Science- Emphasis on Exercise Science
I never thought it would take this long to get my degree (probably a good thing I didn't know). It has definitely been a journey getting through the last few years of school with hailee, and now being pregnant with my second child. But it was something I started, and something I wanted to finish so I just stuck with it and got through it. And let me tell you- I am SO glad it is over! But I am so happy I did it, and I will never regret it!
It was such a great feeling (and a relief) to officially "walk" in the graduation ceremony. It made me feel like it was all worth it!
I couldn't have done it without the support of so many people! I truly had to rely on many family members and friends to get through this last semester.
My parents felt so much joy because their goal of having every child in their family graduate from college was completed finally. I made them hold their breath with me for so long that it was a huge joy for me to finally complete their goal as well. :)
My hubs and little girl got the brunt of it all. I am so glad they accepted my complaints, anxiety, and neglect on many occasions. They were my number 1 fans!

I couldn't have done it without these guys either...
(Hailee didn't enjoy the graduation like we hoped, but what 2 year old would?). She was not in the mood for pictures either.
I can't believe it is finally over!! The month of April was insane. Kory and I both had way too much on our plates and could not get through school with out having our mom's watch Hailee while we finished up projects and tests. Hailee didn't mind one bit! she LOVED being bounced back from Grandma to Grandma. And we sure appreciated it! Kory and I were so relieved to have survived through that month.
Now that I am graduated, I plan on eventually getting a license to teach fitness classes every few days in the early mornings or evenings as a side job. But for now- all I want to do is be home with my kiddos and be a MOM!
And that is just what I have been able to do this last week. It has been SO nice to relax and get back into a routine with hailee and spend more quality time with her and Kory.
I am SO glad she still likes me!
The rest of the week consisted of preparing for our baby girl to join our family. I finally got into the "nesting" stage and started putting order back into our home. It feels so good to feel organized and clean again.
Hailee is getting some good practice with her little baby dolls. She has been swaddling her baby, reading to her, and putting her to bed. I hope this is a good sign that she'll be a good big sister to the real baby.
I have been so excited to meet this new little addition to our family. But it has definitely been a real treat to have had this last week with her still inside me so I could prepare for her arrival and make some last few memories of just the 3 of us. I am 38 weeks pregnant and couldn't be more ready for her to come now! (I think). I still have my worries and fears, but I think that's normal. I am scheduled to be induced next monday (the 21st) if she doesn't come before then! We still don't have a name for this little one, but hopefully we'll be inspired soon! YAY! just a few more days!











9 comments:
Congrats on graduating! It really is hard work. Cant wait to see the new little one!
Congrats! What a great accomplishment!
Congratulations! That's way exciting! And I hope everything goes well with your labor and delivery!
Wow! Congratulations!! That is such an accomplishment Kristi! Good for you for sticking it out. Not easy!!
Personally, I think you should name your baby Rachel. It's such a lovely name isn't it!? Just a little helpful suggestion......
Woohoo! Congrats on graduating! You are so amazing, and I admire you so much! I hope these next few weeks go well for you... Too bad you couldn't be induced on the 22nd... I heard that's a pretty good day to have kids. :) Ha! Good luck with everything!
Awesome! Congrats!
Congrats on graduating! Thats awesome! I'm excited for you to have your sweet little baby! Good luck with everything. I can't wait to hear a name!
Congratulations Kristi! Way to go! Good luck with the birth, too :) I'm excited to see pictures.
YOU are amazing!!! great jon
Post a Comment