Monday, June 11, 2012

Natalie Elise Jones


I am FINALLY blogging about the birth of our little Natalie. I was having problems posting on blogger and I tried multiple times to post but I've finally figured it out! so here she is...

Natalie Elise Jones
Born: May 21, 2012 at 11:04 pm
7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long









The Birth Story:
Since Hailee came so quickly (3 hours), my doctor was a little concerned I'd go even quicker this time, so he scheduled me to be induced at 39 weeks- if I hadn't had her already. I was pretty sure I was going to go in labor way before that also. I had 1 or 2 days the week before with contractions here and there but they never lasted very long. So I made it to 39 weeks! I was scheduled to go in at 2pm. I was pretty excited and scared at the same time. So, to pass the time, Hailee and  filled the entire morning up with going to the park with some friends, watched movies, and painting our nails. Finally, 2:00 rolled around and it was time to go but my mother in law was on her way up to come get Hailee and her car overheated, so she had to go get another car. We waited one more hour, which was fine because I started getting nervous and feeling sad that I was leaving Hailee. So I soaked up every last minute with her, imagining how much things were about to change for her and our family. (talk about an emotional pregnant mommy).
Kory came home from work all excited, and that helped me a lot. We packed our car and handed Hailee off to his mom and we were on our way! we checked in, answered millions of questions, and I was all hooked up to be induced by 4:30pm and only dilated to 2cm. about 2 hours passed by and I was only dilated to a 3!! Man, I was frustrated (haha- only because I had my hopes up to have her as fast as hailee). But I asked for my epidural way early on since I was still thinking I'd go fast, and I didn't want to miss my chance to get it because I was NOT prepared to deliver her naturally. The doctor broke my water and I laid there numb for another 2 hours. 4 hours had past by since I checked in and we were just hanging out (I even let Kory watch sports on tv. I was just so relaxed and happy). The nurse came in and checked me again and I was finally at 4cm!! I was pretty happy about that! the next 2 hours I dilated from a 4 to a 10! I started to get nervous, but SOO relieved that I didn't have to lay there numb for much longer (it got old really fast). The doctor came in, joking around and happy, making the whole situation feel so relaxing. once again, I found myself laughing and joking around in between contractions (blessed EPIDURALS). I pushed for about 3 contractions and she was here!!!! 6 1/2 hours and she was delivered! 

They let me hold her immediately (something I didn't get to do with Hailee) and that was so amazing. I was so shocked to see another little baby of ours. I couldn't prepare myself enough for those few moments. They are just indescribable and so special. She came out with a little frown and just a few little squeals. it was so cute. The nurses weighed her, washed her, etc and she was all ours! we didn't have to send her off for tests or anything.. which surprised us since Hailee left us immediately for 3 hours. Natalie was totally healthy and figured out how to nurse within seconds. wow! what a relief and a blessing! 


From the first day she was born, Natalie has loved to be held. she will wiggle and grunt when she is uncomfortable, but will stop the moment she feels my hand on her face or lay her in my arms. She is so sweet and innocent!                  (I miss these chubby cheeks)!

Hailee didn't love the hospital. She was so excited to see me until she saw me in the hospital bed. She took one look at Natalie and we could just see her trying to put two and two together. she didn't want much to do with her until we came home from the hospital. She kissed her and held her and has loved her ever since. She is such a good big sister to her. Sometimes I find her reading books to Natalie and talking and giggling to her. She helps me change her diapers and calm her down when she is sad. It is so fun to see how much she cares and loves her baby sister already. Nothing melts my heart more than that!

She adjusted just fine with Natalie.. but didn't like the idea that I had to give half my attention to Natalie. My mom came to help and Hailee wouldn't let her or Kory do anything for her. It had to be ME. It was tough for the first week trying to be there for Hailee as much as she wanted but she is totally coming around and accepting the fact that Natalie is not going anywhere and I have to share my attention with both of them.

Kory is so in love Natalie and Hailee. we always joke around saying we are going to have all girls just because Kory wants a boy so bad, but these two are his pride and joy! He is so cute with them!


 Hailee has had a difficult time allowing Natalie to have her OWN things. She thinks the bassinet is for her to play in. Everything is "MINE" or "that's HAILEE'S" (as she would say). It is hard to explain to her that her old stuff is now Natalie's. She doesn't like that. (Plus I think she likes the attention)



1st bath..


1 week old...


We just love our sweet little Natalie. She is such a fun addition to our little family! She is such a good baby and sleeps all the time. It is amazing how fast a little person can steal your heart. I used to hear that all the time and I knew that it was true with Hailee, but after 1 child, it was hard to comprehend how I could ever love more children as much as Hailee, but it is amazing how fast it happened and how much more I love my little girls everyday. I feel so blessed to be a mommy of 2 beautiful little girls. My heart is full.

Here is the most recent picture of Natalie at 3 weeks old!
And Hailee at 2 1/2 years old!

8 comments:

Claudia said...

Congrats on another beautiful little girl!! Having 2 girls is so much fun!!!!! Yay!!!

Emily Marie said...

So exciting! Congratulations!! Love your cute family!

Rachel said...

My heavens! You and Kory make beautiful babies!!! :) Your girls are just gorgeous! Just like their mommy!

I can remember when I was pregnant with Trevor and worrying so much. How in the world could I love another because I loved Brennan so much! Amazing the heart and it's capacities.

Katie said...

Congrats! She's adorable! Your little family is so cute (and you look so good after delivering a baby!!)

Emily and Ryan said...

She is so precious! Sounds like a great delivery! It's good to hear these adjustments Hailee is having as I'm sure our little one will go through the same things. Congrats again!

Sarah said...

Such gorgeous babies! I love seeing pictures, and your birth story :) You're such a sweet Mama. Congrats!

Mike and Corie said...

SO SO SO CUTE!!!! I Love everything about both of your girls!!! and I LOVE those pictures at the top, who did them? oh my goodness, SO precious!

Brett and April said...

What little beauties!! I'm glad you posted this... it makes me feel more in the loop. We miss you!!!